Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Vancouver – Project Advance 2021 Special Grants
The annual Project Advance Appeal is an important diocesan-wide fundraising project that provides financial assistance to institutions, programs and ministries of the Catholic Church throughout the Archdiocese of Vancouver. It is an opportunity for all Catholics in the archdiocese to join together and express solidarity with the Church and the Archbishop of Vancouver by making a freewill contribution to help carry on the work Christ has entrusted to us, God’s stewards.
The distributions in the “Special Grants” category from the Appeal will be handled through a grant application process. To be eligible for the Project Advance Appeal funds, an entity must satisfy the criteria in these Application Guidelines and submit a completed grant application. Please bear in mind that because the Appeal has limited financial resources available for grant making, eligibility does not guarantee funding. If granted, funds will be made available in 2021.
The total grant pool for 2021 is $250,000.
- The applying entity must be affiliated with the Catholic Church in the Archdiocese of Vancouver.
- The program and grant beneficiary must be located within the geographic area served by the Archdiocese of Vancouver.
- The project for which funding is requested must conform to the moral and social teachings of the Catholic Church.
- Grants are approved on a year-to-year basis, and are not automatically renewable.
- Grants are not made: For payments on prior incurred debt, To individuals, For contributions to general fundraising campaigns, For endowment funds, For research projects, surveys, planning and feasibility studies, etc, for normal operational expenses, for parish projects or programs.
The following priorities will be considered in awarding grants:
- Appropriateness to the ideals of Project Advance
- Projects that serve multiple persons or groups
- Grants for capital initiatives
Deadlines: Applications for consideration must be received no later than: April 30, 2020
Inquiries should be forwarded to [email protected] or mailed to:
Project Advance Steering Committee
4885 Saint John Paul II Way
Vancouver, BC V5Z 0G3
Phone: 604-683-0281 ext. 50326
Your grant application should include the following:
- A financial statement to support your request.
- Any letters of recommendation or endorsement (optional).
- A copy of the tax-exempt status letter, if a non-diocesan entity.
- Applications must be endorsed by the authorized official of the governing body of the applying entity.
- Recipients of the Project Advance Appeal grants are required to submit a report on the use of funds they have received.